History

Founder Marcus Ford Eagle

Joe Eagle

The business was started in 1933 by Marcus Ford Eagle in Waldron, Michigan. He later expanded the business to Hudson and purchased the Brown Funeral Home. The name was changed to Eagle Funeral Home and the Eagle Funeral Home was established in Hudson and Waldron. M.F. Eagle's son, Joe Eagle, joined the business in 1951 and they together provided funeral care to the Waldron and Hudson communities.

In 1982, John Barrett, son-in-law of Joe Eagle entered the family business. He along with wife, Jill resided at the Eagle Funeral Home in Jonesville. In 1986 Mr. Eagle purchased the Fink Funeral Home in Morenci and named that funeral chapel the Eagle Funeral Home- Charles Fink Chapel.

In 1994, Mark Monahan, also a son-in-law of Joe entered the family business. Together with his wife, Jana resided at the chapel in Hudson. Mr. Eagle with sons-in-law, John Barrett and Mark Monahan provided care and support to families in the Hillsdale and Lenawee counties from the funeral chapels established in Waldron, Hudson, Hillsdale, Jonesville and Morenci, Michigan. Mr. Eagle sold the business to John Barrett and Mark Monahan in 1999. They were the 3rd generation of family to own the Eagle Funeral Homes.

In 2001, John and Mark purchased the Eagle Funeral Home-Barrett Chapel in Fayette, Ohio. John & Mark, along with a very capable and caring staff operated the 6 locations for the next 12 years.

In 2010, John and Mark had the opportunity to combine their family owned business with another established and respected family business, the George White Funeral Homes. Former owners, Jim White and Nancy Travis continue today to be a valuable part of the staff at Eagle Funeral Homes-George White Chapels in Litchfield, Reading and Quincy, Michigan.

Today, the Eagle Funeral Homes, in their 3rd generation of family ownership, along with a dedicated and experienced staff, provide compassionate care and support to families when death occurs.

OK

Loading...